Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Test Me!

Recently, I was asked by my boss to run a pilot of a standardized test that assesses "digital fluency."  The test, though designed for undergraduate and working adults, runs testers through a series of real-world information literacy challenges, such as ranking the authority of various information sources, determining the best information source to complete a certain task and so on.  I was excited to pilot the test, though I have my doubts about how well the activities will actually assess information literacy skills.  After administering the test to several students, interviewing them about their experiences and writing about my experience as a proctor, I decided to take it for myself, because, really, how well can I judge a test without experiencing it myself?  Here's hoping that, as a Librarian and a Director of Information Literacy (my official title), I will ace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment